I love making blankets out of jeans. So, if you have any old jeans that you need to toss- toss them my way! I've made a few so far. This one I made for myself with old black jeans with some blue jeans mixed in. These blankets are great for picnics and to take to the beach! You can use whatever size squares you like, the back I just used a black sheet and folded it over to the front to make a border and then tied the whole thing! Easy and fast.
This is a preview of the boys new blankets for their beds. Each square has a denim triangle and a red triangle. It's taking me forever to finish these! (mostly because I keep starting other projects) Someday they will have them on their beds-- hopefully before they move out!
I have forgotten to post my next two quilts. The first is my Hearts In Bloom quilt. It turned out pretty cute. Each heart has a blanket stitch around it and the flowers are embroidered on. The busiest part were the little hearts around the border. They took awhile-- a few nights of T.V watching!
This quilt is probably my favorite so far. It's my Americana quilt that goes nicely on my red couch! It's nice and comfy too! I added the stars around the border- again with a blanket stitch while watching a few nights of t.v.!
This is a preview of the boys new blankets for their beds. Each square has a denim triangle and a red triangle. It's taking me forever to finish these! (mostly because I keep starting other projects) Someday they will have them on their beds-- hopefully before they move out!
I have forgotten to post my next two quilts. The first is my Hearts In Bloom quilt. It turned out pretty cute. Each heart has a blanket stitch around it and the flowers are embroidered on. The busiest part were the little hearts around the border. They took awhile-- a few nights of T.V watching!
This quilt is probably my favorite so far. It's my Americana quilt that goes nicely on my red couch! It's nice and comfy too! I added the stars around the border- again with a blanket stitch while watching a few nights of t.v.! 
My mother-in-law LOVES jean quilts. I can't get over how many projects you do, impressive!!! And thanks for helping me out with the kids' covers, I can't wait to get started now! And don't worry, I am sure the boys can use their quilts on their mission!
ReplyDeletei love the heart blanket.
ReplyDeleteit's funny what you consider "easy and fast".