Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two Dresses

The first dress I ever made was for Morgan when she was a baby. It had no buttons, no zipper and no sleeves. Just a little sundress that had a tie in the back. Little by little I have gotten brave and tried new things. Sleeves are easy, buttons take some practice and zippers aren't my favorite but they get done.
I already posted this dress on my other blog. The pattern I used was McCall's #M5791. It was pretty easy, just took alot of time. The whole dress is lined so it felt like I made two dresses. It is supposed to have little undies but for some reason I didn't buy enough material. I figured it was long enough that we didn't need them. This dress was from a Simplicity pattern #2991. It's a so easy pattern. I had it cut out months ago and then got into other projects (something I need to stop doing!) I figured I should sew it together before it got to small for Morgan to wear. It's a good thing-- I could only put in a little hem because she's grown. She loves it though. The only thing I had to do different was line the sleeves so they wouldn't "bug" her. I was actually going to use a red ribbon but when I put the pink one next to the black and white-- I loved it! I have some more of this material, I think I'm going to make Sydney a matching one.
On to the next project! Something for me-- maybe?!

3 comments:

  1. Part of the reason I want to sew is to make things for myself. I have so many ideal cuts I would like to wear and I either can't find them in the store or they are way too expensive. Way to go Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that's so cute!!!


    :) hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need to move back so i can be your apprentice. i want to learn!

    ReplyDelete