Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Something for the boys!

Finally something for the young boys of the house! I saw this project online (of course, where else?)
Grab a t-shirt, plain white works best. This one for Westley was just an undershirt out of his drawer.

Lay it on a flat surface

Grab the middle of the shirt and give it a turn. Do the same for sleeves and bottom.
Sorry, don't know why I took this picture upside down! :)

Now grab some spray paint.. that's right! Spray paint! I just used whatever was in the cupboard in the garage. Westley's favorite color is green-- so there you go. Spray back and forth, nice even strokes. Don't get too close to the shirt. (oh and watch direction of wind...)

Lay it out flat to dry.. will only take a few seconds. Especially when it's nice and bright outside. I had to move it under a tree because it was killing my eyes.
Isn't that cool? Turn it over and do the same with the back!

Here's Addison's. We got his white t-shirt for A DOLLAR at the dollar store. I started with red on his but he thought it looked pink... so I did some quick sprays of black. He likes it.

They wanted to wear them as soon as I was done but they smelled too bad. I was worried how they would turn out after being washed... apparently spray paint is REALLY permanent! No worries about washing!
A fun and quick project for anyone! My daughter now wants one.

4 comments:

  1. ok SO doing this next week!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the cutest idea! funny i don't even think we have any white t shirts but i'll have to get some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fun. I have some extra spray paint. I will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a project in my range of difficulty. I am so going to do this. I am going to try a dark shirt with white spray paint.

    I am also going to link this. Love it.

    ReplyDelete