Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Dress and a Bag!

Like I've said before- sewing for my little Sydney is way too much fun! While I was at the fabric store the other day I found this cute pink fabric and couldn't decide what to do with it (like I need a reason to buy it!) I had a flashback from my childhood when my mom made my sisters and I a dress out of a t-shirt. I sewed a piece in half, so I wouldn't have to hem, gathered it and sewed it on. This is where I think a serger would of come in handy... I might put something on front of the shirt, but that's for another day! As soon as I get another chance, I'm off to Target to get some more t-shirts! Super easy- took about 15 minutes! Also finished today--- I found this pattern for this bag in the April issue of the McCalls quilting magazine. It's a good size bag and you can never have to many bags! Think I might have to make another in different colors! Ah, so many projects, so little time!



6 comments:

  1. Both are very cute!!! You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so impressed with your sewing! and seriously jealous. the minute we move back to ca (if we ever do -sigh-) you MUST teach me, O wise one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sew know the feeling, "So many projects so little time" - the difference is you at least work on some of them, I aspire to conquer it all like you!!! And having seen the t-shirt dress in person, WOW!!!! Start selling them online :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dress.. I wanna learn!! Teach me your ways!! The bag is awesome, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh i want to make them BOTH!!!!!!!! must have pattern for the bag! want to make them for nieces! and maybe when you get here in april you can show me how to make the t-shirt dress for bridgett PLEASE!!!!!! I LOVE IT! your so crafty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute stuff! You have been very busy! Wish I could make some time for some fun projects but I don't know what I would get rid of in my day. Feeding children?

    ReplyDelete